I read a lot of blogs and a common theme is Friday Favorites. I always love those posts – I inevitably find a piece of clothing I want, a book to read, etc. So here are my non-dog Friday Favorites.
- Goodreads – I joined less than a year ago and I already have 30+ books on my “want to read” list. The website allows me to track what I’ve read, review what I’ve read, add books to my wish list and receive updates from other friends who are members of Goodreads about what they’ve read and enjoyed (or not enjoyed). It’s 10 times easier than carrying around a worn piece of paper with a list of to-read books.
- 48 Hours podcast. I finished season two of Serial. Meh. Good but not great. Did not hold my interest nearly as much as season one. Sword & Scale is great but new podcasts are only produced every two weeks; I walk twice a day and run 2-3 days a week so one episode every two weeks didn’t cut it. Stuff You Missed in History Class kept me entertained for months but I’ve listened to the majority of the episodes that interest me. Then I stumbled upon 48 Hours in podcast format; all of their TV episodes are turned into podcasts so I have found my new podcast addiction.
- Lularoe leggings. I know, how trendy and unoriginal. But I love them! I’m not-so-secretly pissed the temperatures are insanely hot and I can’t wear them.😦
- This dress from White House Black Market, aka my favorite store ever. I don’t have $150 lying around to spend on a dress but man, if I did, this dress would be mine.
- Ellen on youtube. Marty doesn’t appreciate her humor but it’s right up my alley. Fortunately for me, he’s been traveling a ton for track meets so I get to indulge and binge on Ellen clips.
- Another sign of my true, inner dorkiness: I just bought this:
This was the first Broadway show I ever saw and it remains my favorite. I was watching one of my favorite songs on Youtube the other week and I just had to have this soundtrack – with the same cast of the show I saw. Best $18 nostalgic dollars ever spent.
- A long weekend. After today, my first, honest-to-goodness long weekend since probably the holidays. Track and field is still competing so I have work to do but I do not have to be in my office for three whole days. I’ve already stocked up on wine.
- Because of the aforementioned holiday weekend, Monday is the annual “Murph” workout at CrossFit boxes nation-wide, including mine.
The original workout in memory
of Navy Lieutenant Michael
Murphy, 29, of Patchogue, N.Y.,
who was killed in Afghanistan
June 28th, 2005.
- 1 mile Run
- 100 Pull-ups
- 200 Push-ups
- 300 Squats
- 1 mile Run
I fully expect to Rx it this year. My time will probably be slower than last year, but this time around I know I can Rx the pull-ups. In a sick way, I can’t wait. I probably won’t be able to walk for a few days and it’s doubtful I’ll have any skin left on my palms, but oh well!